Interior designers create spaces that are both personal and timeless. Not only do interior designers pick out furniture, but they are uniquely qualified to select finishes and materials that reflect durability, sustainability, and maintainability. In addition to selecting a color scheme, designers think about the effect of color and lighting. What most people are not aware of is the amount of research and knowledge one has to learn to become a professional in the industry that is successful at both visual and functional design.
Interior designers understand a multitude of technical, analytical and creative design elements. They use creative design skills as well as construction knowledge to achieve a pleasing interior environment. They consider building codes, barrier free design that ensures accessibility for all individuals, and the integration of equipment and technology all to protect the health, safety and welfare of the users of the space and make sure it is functional enough to last a lifetime.
Interior designers work in a number of different environments, including residences, retail, and commercial office settings. They are part of a construction team. Professionals like architects and contractors depend on them for space planning, lighting, and material selection. Interior designers manage every project very closely to ensure all construction and installation are completed correctly.
Interior designers focus not so much on glamour, but on current design trends and the latest innovations. It is worth it for the client to hire a professional especially in an industry where sustainability is at high demand, where knowledge of materials and natural energy sources not only benefit the space but the environment as well. Interior designers free you from complexities and help you express your own particular style. At the same time a designer can save you money by finding suppliers and helping you avoid costly mistakes through better planning and better material selection. A designer can maintain a more consistent theme for you avoiding collisions of color and chaotic combinations that don’t look put together, instead they come up with a space that blends and flows gracefully. In material selection they are able to balance aesthetics with practicality. They use materials that will give you the strength and durability you need and avoid unnecessary maintenance. In the end you end up with a better result. You get the functionality you need and the aesthetic you want for your home. Interior designers make you avoid costly mistakes and so the interior design service often pays for itself.
Reasons why to hire an interior designer:
1. You feel completely overwhelmed by the number of choices available.
2. You need help with space planning, lighting design, kitchen layouts, or bathroom renovations.
3. You want someone else to deal with the hassle of coordinating.
4. You want to have quality work done but you don’t have your own list of reliable workmen, installers, and resources.
5. You’ve tried to decorate your home and have purchased a few nice items, but really need help putting it all together.
6. You want your home to be reflection of your personal tastes and lifestyles.
7. You want your home to stand out from the crowd.
- interior design firms chicago
- chicago interior design firms
- interior design firms in chicago
- aesthetics functionality durability maintainability interior design